The National Biosafety Authority, Kenya which is the Competent National Authority in Kenya announces the dates of the 8th Annual Biosafety Conference in Nairobi, Kenya on 13-16th August 2019.
The Theme of this years conference is "Strengthening Coordination of Biosafety Systems Towards Commercialization of GM-crops to ensure Food Security and Nutrition in Kenya”.
The Conference is structured to have 2 days of Biosafety Compliance Training on 13-14th August 2019 targeting Scientists and Institutions doing research on genetically modified organisms and 2 days plenary conference on 15-16th August 2019.
The conference sub-themes include;
1. Biosafety regulatory frameworks in Kenya
2. Biotechnology and biosafety communication
3. Applications of new and emerging biotechnologies
4. Advances in Animal Biotechnology Research and their Regulation
5. Social-economic considerations and public participation in GMO decision making processes
6. GM research in Kenya and pathway towards commercialization