1. To develop, promulgate and complete the system of legal
documents, mechanisms and policies on biosafety management.
2. To develop and complete a comprehensive organizational system on
biosafety management from the central to local levels.
3. To develop and upgrade the material and technical infrastructure
toward advancement and modernization; to ensure the availability of
laboratories in all three regions of the country and that they are
sufficient for analyzing, identifying and accurately dectecting
GMOs, GMO-originated products and goods; providing proper risk
assessment, successfully managing and controlling the risks,
effectively meeting requirements of the international integration;
to develop and apply the national information system on
4. To equip the human resources of different ministries, agencies
and localities with necessary professional knowledge and skills,
sufficient for meeting requirements of the tasks of biosafety
5. To raise the public awareness on biosafety concerning GMOs and
GMO-originated products and goods.
The Master Scheme focuses on strengthening capacities (state
management, professional and technical management) of biosafety
management over GMOs and GMO-originated products, goods from now