The website contains general information on genetically modified
- National laws, regulations and guidelines;
- European Union legislation;
- International agreements;
- National competent authority and contact points;
- The list of Experts;
- Desicions taken on transit of genetically modified organisms and
genetically modified products in Lithuania;
- Information on risk assessment;
- Decisions on the deliberate release and placing on the market of
genetically modified organisms;
- Decisions on the contained use of genetically modified
- Risk assessment;
- Separate "public-window", which could be used to receive
comments, questions or enquiries from different stakeholders, thus
ensuring feedback from public concerned.
All information on this website is in Lithuanian only.
The website is created by the United Nation Environment Programme
and Global Environment Facility project (UNEP-GEF) on the
Development of the National Biosafety Framework for Lithuania.