You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Biosafety Organization (ORG)
last updated: 29 Mar 2021
Central Committee on Biological SafetyEN
Secretariat of the Central Commission on Biological Safety (ZKBS) Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) Departmen Genetic Engineering Mauerstrasse 39-42Berlin,
- +49 3018 445 6200
- +49 3018 445 6299
Government agency (National/Federal)
- Risk assessment of GMOEN
- assignment of containment levels to genetic engineering operations
- determination of safety measures for genetic engineering facilities
- risk assessment of the deliberate release and placing on the market of GMO
- Biosafety and Biotechnology
- Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
The Central Committee on Biological Safety (ZKBS) is a voluntary expert panel responsible for evaluating genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with regard to the potential risks posed to humans, animals and the environment. The ZKBS advises decisions-makers in policy and administration.EN