Completion of the online “Submission form” for specific record types may require reference(s) to other record(s). For example, entering of additional contacts, associated risk assessments, genetic elements, or decisions may be required before a record can be submitted. If the associated record is already published in the Clearing-House, users can simply select it from a provided list and attach it to the new record submission. If the associated record does not exist, users can create it directly within the main “Submission form”. This is called “inline” record creation.
1. In the “Submission form” of various formats where you can add referenced record(s), you will see buttons below the respective fields with a ‘+’. For example (in BCH): +Add record(s), +Contact or +Genetic element, and others.
2. When you click on one of those buttons, a pop-up box will open displaying all corresponding records published in the Clearing-House.
3. Search for the required record in that pop-up box. Tip: use the “Search” free text box. You can also change the view from ‘List’ to ‘Table’ by using the buttons on the right.
4. If the record is found: click the check-box next to the record and then click on the Select button. That record will be added on the main “Submission form” in the respective field. You can add as many records as you need.
Tip: You can preview a record of interest from the “inline” pop-up box by clicking on it.
5. If the record is not found: click on the Create button (it will also include the name of the record type, for example Create Living Modified Organism in BCH). An inline “Submission form” will appear. Fill in the form.
You can create as many records inline as you need.
If you have more questions, please chat with us by clicking on the Chat icon located at the bottom right corner, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.