Testing BCH News (BCHN)
Dear BCH users,
Thank you for all your comments about Grouping and Sorting filters. We will be working on improving those filters as per you comments.
Another record is ready for testing: "BCH News (BCHN)".
It is a Reference Record, thus, all user can participate in this test. Just a reminder that since this is a Reference Record – the records you create/update/delete will be validated and published by the Secretariat.
1. Log in to the Submit page at https://bch.cbddev.xyz/register
2. Create a “BCH News” record (complete as many fields as you can). Try different formatting features when you enter text in “Abstract” or “News text” or "Additional information". Try attaching files. Submit your record for publishing.
3. Once the record is published by the Secretariat, search for it. Try using filters to find your record (for example, Free Text, Date, Country). Examine the display of all the information entered.
4. Try editing your record from the Search interface. Submit it for publishing.
5. Find your edited record and examine the changes made.
6. Optional: Try deleting your record.
Deadline is Monday – 26 October.
Thank you for your support.
posted on 2020-10-13 12:44 UTC by Ms. Anastasia Beliaeva, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
Submitted a text - system works fine
posted on 2020-10-14 10:01 UTC by Mr. Pieter van der Meer, Ghent University
This exercise went quite smoothly for me until the optional exercise—deleting the record. It took me a very long time to locate the little trashcan icon, but I think that will improve with practice & working more with the site. Perhaps the icons could be a bit more prominent.
posted on 2020-10-15 02:12 UTC by Mr. Fred Phillips, Holy See
Unfurtunately, I am not able to reach the "submit" page due to an "Error loading facets". I use google chrome.
posted on 2020-10-15 12:03 UTC by Ms. Anita Greiter, Austria
Dear Ms. Greiter,
Please refresh your screen.
Let us know if that worked.
posted on 2020-10-15 12:47 UTC by Ms. Anastasia Beliaeva, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
the entering and submitting, and later the editing and re-submitting of the News record worked easily. I have two points to address, though:
1. As already mentioned in the message I sent to you in the request fo publication, the search of the news record did not go as I thought it would. If searching for the exact title of the record (Test BCH News) I would have expected the record with this exact title to be on top of the search results. However, it was not. Even filtering for the country did not help. Only when I also filtered for BCH News did I get that record as a hit (but that was not difficult as this was the only German News record).
2. I would like to support Fred's statement [#10969]. I, too, had trouble finding the trashcan icon. In the list of records on the dashboard, when using the very left little ikon of the three icons on the left side of the listed records, this only lead to the options to edit or to view the record, not to delete it. It took me a while to find out that I have to switch to the extended list view using the very right of the three little icons on the left, and then in that view there was a trashcan icon on the right of the list. So I agree, placing this icon a little more prominently would help.
The News record itself did not cause any trouble at all, all worked nicely!
Best regards and thanks for your continuous efforts!
posted on 2020-10-16 13:14 UTC by Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety, Germany
Although I still get the error message, I was now able to create a record
(edited on 2020-10-19 05:55 UTC by Anita Greiter)
posted on 2020-10-19 05:44 UTC by Ms. Anita Greiter, Austria