Article 10. Financial security
- Parties retain the right to provide, in their domestic law, for financial security.
- Parties shall exercise the right referred to in paragraph 1 above in a manner consistent with their rights and obligations under international law, taking into account the final three preambular paragraphs of the Protocol.
- The first meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Protocol after the entry into force of the Supplementary Protocol shall request the Secretariat to undertake a comprehensive study which shall address, inter alia:
- The modalities of financial security mechanisms;
- An assessment of the environmental, economic and social impacts of such mechanisms, in particular on developing countries; and
- An identification of the appropriate entities to provide financial security.