Testing LMO records: Deadline -June 8th (Steps and Videos)
Dear BCH Users,
This test assignment is dedicated to the LMO records in the new test site of the BCH platform: submission of LMO records and searching for them.
Steps to perform:
1. Go to: https://bch.cbddev.xyz/
. Log in to the SUBMIT section.
2. Create a new LMO record. Within that record, try also creating different records inline to test the inline record creation for that record type.
3. Submit the LMO record for publishing.
LMOs are reference records meaning they need to be validated and published by the Secretariat.
4. After Secretariat publishes your record, find it in SEARCH.
5. Find an LMO record in old BCH and then look for the same record in the new test site in SEARCH; examine and compare the display.
My colleague Austein McLoughlin prepared TWO short VIDEOS to help you orient yourselves better with the testing of the LMO records in the new BCH. Please watch these videos BEFORE you start performing the test. Description of the videos:
First video compares and shows the differences between the creation of LMO records in the old and new BCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0BYicRdkQ&t=6s
Second video explains how to build a GENETIC ELEMENTS CONSTRUCT (which is part of LMO record creation) in the new BCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMTYM8SMJ0&t=5s
We hope you will find the videos helpful and thank you for helping us in testing this important record type.
Deadline: Monday June 8th.
posted on 2020-05-21 19:40 UTC by Ms. Anastasia Beliaeva, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
I did the test to create an LMO record. It generally worked as it should. There was only about 15-30 minutes gap, between the the confirmation that the record was approved by the Secretariat and the moment when it appeared on BCH and became searchable. I had the record number immediately after getting the confirmation.
posted yesterday at 13:42 UTC by Mr. Nikolay Tzvetkov, Bulgaria