You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Genetic element (GENE)
last updated: 22 Aug 2019
Protein coding sequence
FERRITIN 1 (FER1) encodes a chloroplastic protein with ferroxidase activity that stores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Ferritins convey tolerance to iron overloading as demonstrated by loss of function mutants with a sensitivity to iron. Mutants also demonstrated smaller leaves, increased susceptibility to oxidative stress, and decreased carbon dioxide fixation.
- Ferritins and iron storage in plants.pdf [ English ]
- New insights into ferritin synthesis and function highlight a link between iron.pdf [ English ]
- Ferritins control interaction between iron homeostasis and oxidative stress in Arabidopsis.pdf [ English ]
- TAIR: Ferritin 1 (AT5G01600) [ English ]
- UniProtKB - FERRITIN-1 (Arabidopsis thaliana) [ English ]
- Araport: FER1 (AT5G01600) [ English ]