You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
last updated: 23 Feb 2021
Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
Cauliflower prefers full sun in loam/organic, moist and well drained soils. Soil pH between 6.0 and 6.8 achieves maximum yields. The plant grow optimally between 15 and 20 °C. The upper temperature limit for cauliflower is 27°C and it can tolerate brief periods of cold (-3°C).
Cauliflower is widely cultivated
Cauliflower is widely cultivated for its white inflorescence meristem. Several varieties (of several colours) exist. For production statistics, kindly refer to the FAOSTAT link below.
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser - Brassica oleracea var. botrytis [ English ]
- North Carolina State Extension Plant Toolbox - Brassica oleracea (Botrytis Group) [ English ]
- GBIF - Brassica oleracea var. botrytis L. [ English ]
- Draft genome sequence of cauliflower (Brassica oleracea L var botrytis) provides new insights into the C genome in Brassica species.pdf [ English ]
- Oregon State University Horticulture - Cauliflower [ English ]
- Oklahoma State University Extension - Cole Crop Production (Broccoli, Cabbage, and Cauliflower) [ English ]
- FAOSTAT [ English ]