You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Genetic element (GENE)
last updated: 04 Dec 2020
Protein coding sequence
The phy02 sequence was derived from the E. coli strain K12 appA gene. Site-directed mutagenesis was applied to introduce amino acid changes for increased thermostability and gastric digestion resilience.EN
Phytases catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from phytate (phytic acid). The enzyme promotes the hydrolysis of the phosphoester bond, producing inositol and phosphate.EN
Phytases are often added to animal feed to improve digestibility as plants store phosphorous in an indigestible form, phytic acid, which is considered an antinutrient (chelating iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium) and its excretion can lead to environmental phosphate pollution.EN
- UniProtKB - P07102 (PPA_ECOLI) - Periplasmic AppA protein [ English ]
- Crystal structures of Escherichia coli phytase and its complex with phytate.pdf [ English ]
- Effect of Phytase Derived from the E. coli AppA Gene on Weaned Piglet Performance, Apparent Total Tract Digestibility and Bone Mineralization.pdf [ English ]
- WO2017049094A1(Engineered phytases and methods of using the same).pdf [ English ]
- GenBank - phosphoanhydride phosphorylase [Escherichia coli B088] (EFE63517.1) [ English ]