You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
last updated: 29 Jun 2020
Meleagrid alphaherpesvirus 1
|Species||Meleagrid alphaherpesvirus 1|
- Gallid herpesvirus 2 - Serotype 3
- Marek’s disease virus serotype 3
Meleagrid herpesvirus 1EN
Herpesvirus of turkey (HVT) or Meleagrid herpesvirus 1 is a naturally occurring, non-pathogenic alphaherpesvirus that was originally isolated from domestic turkeys in the late 1960sEN
Turkey herpesvirus (HVT) is a ubiquitous, nonpathogenic virus of domestic turkeys, and it is classified as the third serotype within the Marek's disease virus (MDV) group of antigenically and genetically related lymphotropic avian herpesviruses.EN
- The genome of herpesvirus of turkeys: comparative analysis with Marek’s disease viruses [ English ]
- The Genome of Turkey Herpesvirus [ English ]
- The order Herpesvirales [ English ]
- Herpesvirus of turkey reconstituted from bacterial artiﬁcial chromosome clones induces protection against Marek’s disease [ English ]