Testing VLR online format (former BIRC) – Deadline – 18 June
Dear BCH users,
Another online format is ready for testing - Biosafety Virtual Library Resource (VLR).
This format is a "Reference Record". That means that this test is for ALL types of users: national and regular registered users.
In the old/current BCH, there is a format called Biosafety Information Resource Centre (BIRC). Basically, VLR is the new BIRC, only slightly modified, but having the same content and purpose.
VLR is a format that is shared by all three clearing-houses (CHM, ABSCH and BCH). For the purposes of consistency and coherence and better integration between the three main clearing-houses, this format was developed to have similar fields and functionalities in all three clearing-houses except for minor peculiarities that are specific to each clearing-house.
For more information and for explanation of the test assignment, please watch this short informal VIDEO available at: https://youtu.be/R_O4I1ks85E
1. Log in to the SUBMIT page of the test site at: https://bch.cbddev.xyz/
2. Create a VLR record. Send it for publishing. Since it is a reference record, it needs to be validated and published by the Secretariat. Once your record is published by the Secretariat, you will be notified by e-mail or you can check your Dashboard for the status change.
3. Go to SEARCH and find your VLR record. Open the record and examine the display of data.
4. In SEARCH, test the different filters (global and sub-filters) to see if your record shows up.
5. Edit your record. Once published, examine the changes. Test the Search.
6. Optional: repeat steps 1 to 4. You can create as many VLR records as you wish.
DEADLINE: Friday – 18 June.
Thank you for testing this format and your support.
(edited on 2021-05-31 14:37 UTC by Anastasia Beliaeva)
posted on 2021-05-31 14:36 UTC by Ms. Anastasia Beliaeva, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
I tested the creation, editing and deletion of a VLR and it worked fine.
May be one suggestion, the editing option is available to the author both through the record itself and through the dashboard.
But if one wants to delete the record, it can be requested through the dashboard, but if one opens the record itself there is no button to do so (as opposed to editing, which is possible and there is a button). So may be it will be useful to have that option as well, because the author might be left with the impression that the record can not be deleted, if he or she tries to do it through the record itself.
posted on 2021-06-10 15:08 UTC by Mr. Nikolay Tzvetkov, Bulgaria
Thank you very much for testing the VLR and for your feedback, and for the suggestion about the "delete" option.
We will look into it.
posted on 2021-06-10 19:03 UTC by Ms. Anastasia Beliaeva, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity