You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
last updated: 17 Jul 2020
- Petroselinum crispum var. vulgare (Nois.) Danert
- Petroselinum hortense
- Petroselinum sativum
Believed to have orginated in Southern Europe, along the Mediterranean.
Parsley is cultivated worldwide.
Parsley is a vitamin- and mineral- rich leafy vegetable, commonly used as a herb in cooking. It has also been used as a traditional medicine and some research indicates that it may have pharmacological uses. The plant is also grown for its essential oils. Extracts from parsley leaves has been used to synthesize nanoparticles.
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser - Petroselinum crispum [ English ]
- Chapter 16 - Parsley.pdf [ English ]
- Chemical Composition, Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Essential Oils from Organic Fennel, Parsley, and Lavender from Spain.pdf [ English ]
- Petroselinum crispum has antioxidant properties, protects against DNA damage and inhibits proliferation and migration of cancer cells.pdf [ English ]
- Plant-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles using parsley (Petroselinum crispum) leaf extract - spectral analysis of the particles and antibacterial study.pdf [ English ]