You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Country's Decision or any other Communication (DEC)
last updated: 23 Nov 2022
Conditional commodity clearance of soybean event HB4EN
22 Sep 2022
- Decision on LMOs for direct use as food or feed, or for processing (Article 11, LMOs-FFP)
- Decision on import of LMOs (Article 11.4)
- LMOs for direct use as food
- LMOs for direct use as feed
- LMOs for processing
- Organization: Bioceres S.A. () | BCH-CON-SCBD-115066-1Bioceres S.A. ()Ocampo 210 bis Predio CCT Rosario (2000) Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina Tel: (54) 341 4861100Rosario,
, ArgentinaPhone: + 54 341 4861100,Fax:Email:Website: http://www.bioceres.com.ar/eng/,
Approval of the import and/or use of the LMO(s) with conditions
Import permit is still required for transboundary movement of this event. The procedure to follow is to complete the application form for importation of a GMO that has obtained general release or commodity clearance under the GMO Act. The applicant still needs to comply with any other relevant legislation in South Africa, with particular reference to phytosanitary requirements. The application form for importation of a GMO that has general release or commodity clearance status in SA is available on the website of the Department of Agriculture at http://www.dalrrd.gov.za/daffweb3/Branches/Agricultural-Production-Health-Food-Safety/Genetic-Resources/Biosafety/Services/Word-Application-FormsEN
HB4 obtained commodity clearance under the Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Act, 1997 (Act No. 15 of 1997)