You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
last updated: 24 Feb 2021
In its uncultivated form it is known as wild cabbage. It is native to coastal southern and western Europe.EN
Wild cabbage grows in coastal areas and on seaside cliffs in Europe.EN
The cultivated species, which are grown worldwide, many of the wild species grow as weeds, especially in North America, South America, and Australia.EN
Brassica oleracea is the species of plant that has many cultivars, including many common foods, including cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collards, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts, savoy and Chinese kale (among others). Some cabbages are also used an ornamental plants in gardens.EN
- UniProtKB - Brassica oleracea [ English ]
- CABI - Brassica oleracea [ English ]
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser - Brassica oleracea [ English ]
- Online Atlas of the British and Irish Flora - Brassica oleracea [ English ]
- The pangenome of an agronomically important crop plant Brassica oleracea.pdf [ English ]
- Kewscience - Plants of the World online - Brassica oleracea L [ English ]
- Genotyping-by-sequencing of Brassica oleracea vegetables reveals unique phylogenetic patterns, population structure and domestication footprints.pdf [ English ]