You are viewing a DELETED record.
This record information is displayed for reference purpose only and should be not used.
This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
published: 21 May 2019 last updated: 29 Jun 2020
Japanese encephalitis virus
|Species||Japanese encephalitis virus|
Group IV ((+)ssRNA)
The vaccine is manufactured in China, but is not exported.EN
JEV strain SA14-14-2 is a live attenuated virus to be used as a vaccine. The JEV strain will cause an immune response and confer immunity to the wild-type virus.EN
The wild-type Japanese Encephalitis Virus can be found in East Asia and the Western Pacific islands, ranging from South Pakistan to Papua New Guinea, and Northern Queensland (Australia) to Northern Japan.EN
- WHO newsroom - Japanese Encephalitis Virus [ English ]
- WHO JEV vaccines.pdf [ English ]
- SA 14-14-2 LIVE JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS (JE) VACCINE.pdf [ English ]
- Development of Japanese Encephalitis Attenuated Live.pdf [ English ]
- Virus Pathogen Resource - Strain Details for JEV SA14-14-2 [ English ]